Hear from female innovators in media 111 Minna, SF. Event open to those 21 and older. 6pm drinks, 7pm presentations, free. Facebook: Her Girl Friday. Her Girl Friday, a Brooklyn-based group that produces events with concrete takeaways for women in journalism, hosts four dynamic speakers: Ann Friedman, former executive editor of GOOD magazine; Martina Castro, co-founder of Radio Ambulante, a new podcast which aims to tell the compelling and diverse stories of Latin America in Spanish; Katy Newton, a multimedia journalist, and Mimi Chakarova, a photographer and filmmaker covering global issues examining conflict, corruption and the sex trade. Music by DJ Mirissa Neff.
Forum: Fight coal exports in the west 518 Valencia, SF. Escobar.email@example.com. 6:30-9:30pm, $5-20 sliding scale. Across the Northwest, a coalition of environmentalists and landowners have come together to fight back and stop the development of Big Coal's vital infrastructure. This forum and fundraiser for the Coal Export Action will include a report-back and panel on Western coal exports, video screenings, snacks and booze. Hosted by Rising Tide North America.
Meeting: Transgender month of action LGBT Center, 1800 Market Street, SF. tinyurl.com/trans312. 7pm, free. Throughout March, organizations including Pride at Work, the SEIU Lavender Caucus, the National Center for Transgender Equality, and the Transgender Law Center will partner in asking unions, labor councils and state federations to pledge to bargain for trans-inclusive health benefits, and to sign a Trans Health Benefits Bargaining pledge form. This event, co-sponsored by the Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club, the Trans March, TGSF, and SEIU 1021 Lavender Caucus, will feature a host of speakers and elected representatives who will all come together to discuss trans health benefits.
Most Commented On
- ..."And so it goes"... - May 23, 2013
- Great stuff, Johnny. Keep up the good work. - May 23, 2013
- Car parts are very delegate - May 23, 2013
- "The people you describe" ... - May 23, 2013
- I already saw many blogs but - May 23, 2013
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013